The Library provides reading materials and space for staff and students and conserves information to support the academic and research programmes of the Polytechnic. This Polytechnic is one of the few Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria with a functional e-library.
The Library is open to only registered users. Registration with the Library is open to all students who have been fully registered with the Polytechnic Library. A registered student with a borrower’s card can borrow books for fourteen (14) days at a time. This could be renewed where necessary. Library services are extended to both Academic and Non-Academic Staff who are duly registered with the library.
Library Operating Hours
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm(During Academic Session)
Saturday – 10:00am – 4:00pm
Monday – Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm (During Vacation)
The Library closes for official national public holidays. The library may be open for a longer period during examination.
Library Registration Procedures
Every student admitted into the Polytechnic is required to register with the library as part of his/her registration in order for him/her to be able to use the library facilities.
Registration procedure for use of the library;
- Students must produce original school fees receipt at the circulation desk.
- They must also produce original course registration print-out with their matriculation number on it.
- Obtain collection borrowers’ registration card, fill, sign and stamp it with the HOD and a guarantor who must be a staff of the Institution but not a Library staff.
- Return the completed form to the Circulation Librarian with three identical passport-size photographs.
- Collect Laminated Library Card.
- Books are not to be taken out of the Library without due process.
- All books borrowed should be returned on or before the due date.
- Library identity and borrowing cards are not transferable.
- All borrowings and renewals must be done personally.
- The Library identity card must be brought to the Library and produced upon demand.
- Submit all books to the porter for inspection when leaving the Library.
- Fines are paid at the rate of N00 per day when a book is overdue.
- Books lost,damaged, mutilated or defaced should be reported immediately and paid for at the estimated cost of replacement as determined by the Librarian.
- All cases of stealing of books/ library materials should face the disciplinary Committee to be constituted by the Polytechnic Librarian.
- All Library materials must be treated with great care including the reading tables and chairs.
- Seats should not be RESERVED in the Library for friends or colleages.
- SILENCE must be observed in the Library at all times.
- Bags, briefcases, umbrellas, e.t.c should not be brought into the Library. They must be kept in the pigeon holes provided for such at owner’s risk.
- Smoking, drinking, eating and sleeping are not allowed.
- Use of any form of naked light such as candle is prohibited.
- Respect all Library staff on duty.